Sunday, October 23, 2011

Peg the Goalie……LOL…

 

IMG_7280

IMG_7281

Not much sewing on the “Happy In Quilting” front…..I have been busy working doing that thing work……

But

Last we night we went to a 21st..the young girl who works with me was having a party…and we had to dress up…

the theme was “uniforms”…

I saved all my boys sport uniforms…my eldest son Luke, played most sports, very social boy, my boy, one of his great passions was soccer…..

he was not too bad either, I can say that I am his mummy….LOL…but he represented, the school, the region,  and he also tried out for the State team,

was in the Academy, at 14 he played in Vanuatu and then when he was 16 he also went to Europe…I know I am bragging, but I was and am very proud of my boys….

So when a girl gets a chance to go to a fancy dress 21st in a uniform of course I had to go in my sons goal keeping gear (he was a goalie)…

the pants are even padded…I really do not

need any extra padding….LOL..it was a great night….

With any luck I will be able to get a bit of stitching done later, hope you do as well…

Happy Sunday…

Take Care Peg….

You don't raise heroes, you raise sons.  And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes.

20 comments:

  1. Great uniform, it sounded like a fun night . Love the quote and can relate having three wonderful sons who are heroes in my eyes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweet Peg! Woo! Hoo! You go, Goalie Girl! :0) I bet you had a ball at the party ... get it ... soccor .... ball ... oh never mind! My weird sense of humour! :0) And you're right, being the Mama of your special sons, you're allowed to wax lyrical about their acheivements ... you earned the occalades every bit as much as they did, I'm sure, being Mum's Taxi service, chief cheer leader, uniform washer ... in a word MUM! :0) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Peg, you look great. I have three sons too, and they are a wonderful blessing.....brag all you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great Peg! Brag all you like :0> toni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you should be proud of your boys, Peg. You are allowed to brag! lol You look great as a goalie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Normal for Us Mums to Brag Occassionally...
    You Really look the Part Peg..lol
    Glad it was a Good Night & I Hope you get some stitching today...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great Peg !! I am off to a fancy dres party next month - The theme is Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves.... I have my thinking cap on.

    Hugs - Fee X

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make one hot looking goalie Peg.....Good on you and congrats on your clever sons achievements....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous, Peg. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look great in uniform Peg,lol,glad you had a great night,its good to be proud of your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great uniform, and you wear it well, Peg! Sounds like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey goalie.. hope it was a great party.... you have lots of reasons to be a proud mom... as you say we can brag since we are moms...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great costume idea - you look great Peg. Great saying too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great costume idea - you look great Peg. Great saying too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol.....did you send this photo to your son???lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the outfit, lean mean goalie.... Won t be tackling you at GDITC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit Peg! You have every reason to brag & brag you should! I love your saying at the bottom - very true :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a real cute looking goalie! I bet you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Peg, you crack me up! You look fantastic... Hope it was a great night :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg